Hudson Valley area based IT Company is seeking a remote full-time, experienced technician to join our fast-growing helpdesk team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow his or her career within a high performing IT team, while working from the comfort of their own home. The technician will remotely work support desk tickets, manage and monitor Windows-based servers, workstations and network applications for over 150 clients in the Hudson Valley area.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years professional experience in the field of IT
- Must have a minimum of 3 years professional experience working with Microsoft Windows server environments
- Must have a minimum of 3 years professional experience supporting IP networking in a corporate/enterprise environment
- Windows Server 2012r2/2016/2019
- Active Directory / Group Policies / DNS & DHCP
- Exchange 2013/2016/2019 and Office 365
- Citrix experience is a plus
- Enterprise certifications are a plus
- Backup and disaster recovery/continuity solutions such as Datto and Veeam are a plus
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience maintaining routers and firewalls such as Cisco, WatchGuard, and Sonicwall
- Experience maintaining networking equipment such as Cisco, Dell, Netgear and Unifi
- Experience maintaining Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 environments
- Experience with physical network infrastructure, including installation, termination, and troubleshooting
- Experience with maintaining and troubleshooting Windows server environments
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and solve complex issues within the IT environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, oral and written
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong abilities to read, create, update, and interpret technical documentation
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently, while closely collaborating with management
- Passionate about IT and actively seeking to expand knowledge
None. Fully remote position. No onsite work required.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as occasional after hours and rotational on-call duties.
- Must be able to carry computers and associated equipment.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and listening occur continuously in the process of communicating with clients, vendors, supervisors and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary range based on experience and certifications
- Health and Dental benefits
- Paid vacation and paid holidays
- Company match 401k program
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
Professional Computer Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.